Traditionally, middle managers make up the largest managerial layer in an organization. The middle manager is responsible to those above them and those below them. In order for a company to operate smoothly, it is essential that those in middle management be committed to the goals and vision of the organization and understand how to effectively execute these goals.
What Will We Cover?
• Use organizational strategies to facilitate change.
• Manage information and make decisions.
• Be familiar with the control process.
• Create structures and processes to manage teams.
• Knowing how to become a transformational Middle Manager
• Applying intrinsic motivational strategies
• Learning to deal with real workplace challenges
• How to develop people, value differences and encourage honest communication
• Identify the differences between coaching and discipline
• Define motivation and your role in creating a motivational setting
• The cost of demotivation and disengagement
• Understand the different types of delegation
• Know the benefits and challenges of delegation
• Recognize your comfort with delegation
• How to conduct an effective delegation conversation
• Practice your delegation skills
How Middle Managers Will Benefit?
- • Develop a broad, enterprise-wide view of the organization
• Ability to quickly adjust priorities as the organization’s needs change
• Shape strategy and communicate it to everyone
• Increase your confidence and gain better buy-in
• Create shared goals
• Motivate your people and help to connect work with a purpose and meaning
• Gain practical tools to deal with conflicts and challenging employees
• Quickly adapt and change your behavior to better drive productivity
• Acquire the behaviors and competencies of a transformational middle manager