Felicia Harris, Founder, and CEO of EverythingHR and EverythingHR Financial Services take the time during this episode to address the current coronavirus pandemic and how it is affecting businesses and employees.
- Felicia Harris will be postponing previously planned episodes to offer weekly episodes to keep you up-to-date on best HR practices during COVID-19.
- What is your responsibility as an employer during the coronavirus crisis?
- Safety is the ultimate concern.
- Don’t expect doctor’s notes from people taking time off from work.
- You must be the voice of calm and togetherness as an employer.
- Prepare your business for each of the economic cycles.
- Make a plan that includes the next month, three months, six months, and a year.
- Each state is different for how they are dealing with unemployment.
- You can’t prohibit employees from filing for unemployment.
- Employees that will be laid off need to be notified.
- What is the State of Michigan Work-Share program?
- Start tracking your losses.
- What are SBA loans?
- Independent contractors typically aren’t able to apply for unemployment.
- Change is inevitable, but it doesn’t have to be scary. Embrace change.