Felicia Harris, Founder, and CEO of EverythingHR and EverythingHR Financial Services interview Katie Balash, owner of Vaughan Industries, and Taryn Sulkes, President and CEO of Eagle Specialties. Katie and Taryn talk with Felicia Harris about being women in male-dominated fields, work-life balance, mentorship, and more.
- Katie and Taryn share the backgrounds of their businesses.
- How have their careers and experiences been impacted by working in male-dominated industries?
- Are their processes for finding leads different from their male competitors?
- How do they adjust their networking strategies in a male-dominated field?
- What advice would Katie and Taryn give to other female business owners who are concerned about gaining respect and a good reputation in a male-dominated industry?
- Katie and Taryn emphasize the importance of trusting your instincts.
- How have their values influenced their decision-making?
- They discuss the reality that there is no such thing as true work-life balance as a business owner.
- What separation do Katie and Taryn make between their personal and work lives?
- Katie reiterates that it’s okay to say no.
- How have Katie and Taryn handled the rare situation when someone crosses the line with them physically?
- Have Katie or Taryn found other women in their industries to be mentors, or have their mentors all been men?
- How have Katie’s opinions about mentorship changed since she realized a mentor does not have to be older than you?