Felicia Harris, Founder, and CEO of EverythingHR and EverythingHR Financial Services interview David Steinberg, a prominent franchise lawyer in Michigan that has worked in this area since 1982 after graduating from Georgetown University. David Steinberg explains exactly what a franchise is, what you need to know before you take on a franchise or offer franchisees to buy into a branch of your business, and the responsibilities that you can expect to have.
- David Steinberg shares his background in legal services.
- What is franchising?
- What is the difference between licensing and franchising?
- How do we prevent violations of franchising?
- What is a franchise disclosure document?
- What is a personal guarantee in franchising?
- What types of questions should you ask to see if a franchise is right for you?
- When is your business ready to be franchised?
- What would make franchising worthwhile on both sides?
- Are there franchises that are out there that might surprise people?
- When should a business owner talk to a franchise attorney?
- What types of responsibilities are involved in running a franchise?